Civil Supervisory Training is for workers looking to hold supervisory positions in the field of civil construction. Supervisor tasks involves a broad range of varied activities.
In other terms, they are responsible for the quantity and quality of the work, contribute to the development of technical solutions to non-routine problems, and apply management plans to the workplace.Learning Objectives
- It affects the value of, supervision of workers and it improves the construction supervisor's ability to lead and motivate.
- The Body of knowledge and skills that today's construction supervisors need in order to be effective communicators on their job site.
- It identifies the problems and how they occur and learn techniques for solving them in the construction industry and learn how to use the decision making process and the important considerations to take into account.
- It provides information about contract documents and construction law to help supervisors recognize the roles and responsibilities of all contracted party
- It helps in understanding the important role that planning and scheduling plays in the successful completion of a construction project.
- Helps in providing the information of understanding the pre-construction process and how project estimates
- It helps in understanding the roles and responsibilities of a construction supervisor in accident prevention and loss control.
- It also helps in understanding the roles and responsibilities of project managers and project supervisors.
- Civil Engineer
- Project Manager
- Civil Inspector
- Project Engineer
- Defining Supervisory Management, Job Nature of Supervisor, Difficulties experience by a Supervisor, Competencies needed by Supervisors
- Leadership, Definition of Leadership & Qualities Required to Lead People, Different, Leadership Roles, Your Preferred Personal Leadership Style - An Assessment, Leadership Styles - Which is Appropriate?
- Motivation, How People are Motivated, The Role of supervisor in Motivating others, Guidelines on motivating people
- Planning & Goal setting, Steps to Effective Planning, Guidelines for setting, SMART(ER) objectives
- Time Management ,Identifying Time Wasters, Being an Effective Time Manager, Choosing Right time to do Right work
- Effective Delegation, Reasons why the Supervisors may not Delegate, When to Delegate to Whom to Delegate, How to Delegate, Using Delegation to Develop your Team
- Communication, why do we communicate, Barriers to Communication , Communicating Effectively , Body Language - The Impact of Non-Verbal, Communication , Being an Active Listener
- Use of effective Questions, Need of Corporate Communication
- Behavioural Styles, Understanding different Behaviour, Taking the Right attitude, The, Benefits of being assertive, Key steps to being assertive
- Reviewing Performance, Constructive Feedback, Feedback Principles , Performance Appraisals
- Course Completion certificate will be issued after completing 80 % attendance
- Internal Assessment will be conducted
- Course completion certificate will be issued after scoring 80 % marks.
- Have experience as a Supervisor
- Having access to a civil construction site where you can complete supervisory assessments
- Supervising or managing a minimum of 4 people
- Min of 5 years industry experience.
- Batch size of 10-15 students.
- Course duration 40 Hrs.
- Regular, Weekend and Fast-track batches (Fridays/Saturdays).